Napoleonic Wars Forum

The Napoleonic Wars 1792-1815

Int Napoleonic Society

Section for posting information regarding lectures, conferences and courses related to the Napoleonic period.

Int Napoleonic Society

Postby DaveH » October 1st, 2017, 10:59 am

The INS (founded by the late Ben Weider) will be holding its 16th annual conference in the Hilton Hotel in Vienna over 9-13th July 2018, although the latter two days tend to be for sightseeing etc. http://www.napoleonicsociety.com/englis ... il_Eng.htm

More to follow ....
DaveH

Re: Int Napoleonic Society

Postby DaveH » October 14th, 2017, 11:46 am

More:

International Napoleonic Society
Sixteenth International Napoleonic Congress
Empires and Eagles: Napoleon and Austria
Hilton Vienna Plaza
Vienna, Austria 9-14 July 2018
Call For Papers
To study Napoleonic history is to, in many ways, to study the complicated relationship
between the Empires of France and Austria. Both allies and adversaries, and at one time
bound together by marriage (represented by the 1810 snuffbox celebrating that marriage),
the two countries and their emperors, Napoleon I and Francis II, danced a delicate dance
throughout the Napoleonic Era. We anticipate and encourage papers on the many aspects
of this delicate dance, but we will also consider papers on other Napoleonic topics. Topics
can include military, political, social and cultural aspects of the period. Vienna is an
obvious, and delightful, location for such a study. We will have three days of papers and
three days of tours, including Saturday the 14th.
Papers should be no more than 15 pages double-spaced, (about 5000 words), and
presentations are limited to 20-30 minutes. To be considered for publication in our
academic journal, Napoleonic Scholarship, papers must follow the Chicago Manual
of Style.
Please complete the registration form (which will be forthcoming) and also include a
one-page summary of your paper and a résumé. We encourage you to submit all
information via email, with your paper attached as a WORD document. Please give
us a printed version of your paper at the Congress. If requested, you will be given an
opportunity to make revisions to your paper prior to submission for publication.
DaveH

Postby Krupica720 » October 26th, 2017, 10:37 am

Are there any members of the Int. Napoleonic Society that are also on this forum? I'd like to learn more about it and would consider joining..
Krupica720

Postby DaveH » October 27th, 2017, 2:07 pm

I think they invite people to join on a recommendation from an existing member. I was invited to join many years ago by Ben Weider, but declined as I felt it might limit my room to speak out against the mythology. However, I have been invited through Ferdi Wober (Austrian, who has written on Aspern and Raab) to speak at this upcoming meeting along with Terry Crowdy, who isn't a member either. You can read their publications online.
DaveH

Return to Lectures, Conferences & Courses